Skip to main content

IM Italian Magazine Subscriptions

Love Notes...


https://hoffmannpublisher.com/products/in-vino-veritart-love-notes-of-a-bottled-humankind


The encounter between an artist of rare versatility and an emerging writer, poet of undoubted sensitivity.
The wine and its metaphor, love is its nectar. Roberto Sironi and Mariagrazia Pia, met by chance in a Milanese afternoon full of talent, at a presentation of a novel by the writer Michele Iacono (The imperfect beauty) where the two intervened as guests.
The feeling was immediate and the work he followed is called: In Vino Veritart (Love notes of a bottled humankind). It comes out this June, published by Hoffmann & Hoffmann, and is a rare and original synthesis of graphic and literary poetry.
Distributed in the United States by Ingram Content and LibroCo in Italy, the book is translated in its literary part by Fabrizio Catalfamo. With double language, the text painted in Italian acts as a mirror to the opposite translation. The book will follow Roberto Sironi and Mariagrazia Pia, in the many exhibitions scheduled in 2019.

Past events, already in progress and future  
 
22 March 2019 Mondadori Milan

23/24 March 2019  Festival in Villareggia / Vercelli

1 May 2019 - Festival La carta Racconta - Cigliano / Vercelli

11 May 2019  International Poetry Festival - Milan

From 15 May to 31 July  Cantina di Franco - Milan

From September 23 to 28 ChiAma Milano

from 6 October to 3 November  Le Trottoir -. Milan.


 Roberto Sironi
 Hoffmann & Hoffmann


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will music interfere or help with writing?

      Image Source: Becca Clark Will music interfere or help writing? I used to believe that music would interfere with writing. However, I  later discovered that it actually boosted my creativity. I then began experimenting listening to different genres. To my surprise, any song with no singing in the background helped increase my imagination. I started listening to ambient and movie soundtracks (love, action, drama etc.).  I am now unable to write my stories without listening to some type of music.   One of the benefits of listening to a song while writing is that it can play the role of a writing prompt. When I listen to a soundtrack, the next time that I start playing it, it takes me back to my writing without any effort. If I am  writing a scene that I need to revisit, the same soundtrack will help bring my memory back.  Music can also trigger different emotions within the writer. I find that when  I am working on a tr...

Creating Heroines

Heroines are always a complicated subject to tackle. They are similar to villains in that you have to know their back story before you begin. The advantage with most heroines though, is that the whole book is about them. The reader will learn the back story as the book moves along. The same tips and tricks for villains can be used for heroines and even heroes so be sure to read that post first. I think most writers have trouble writing heroines. The tendency is to make them hard and unforgiving. They are written like a man with a few female traits thrown in to remind the reader they are female. A lot of writers forget that they are women first. The heroine may have been raised under the harshest of conditions, but they are still women. They think differently than men. They may be able to shut off emotions, but they are still present and can still cause problems. A good heroine is a woman first and a hero second. It sounds odd I know, because you never think of Wonder Woman cryin...

Egoists

Picture By Napoleon Sarony  By F. Guzzardi James Gibbons Huneker (January 31, 1857 – February 9, 1921) was an American art, book, music, and theater critic. A colorful individual and an ambitious writer, he was "an American with a great mission," in the words of his friend, the critic Benjamin De Casseres, and that mission was to educate Americans about the best cultural achievements, native and European, of his time. Literary critic Huneker's support of the new realism of Theodore Dreiser, Stephen Crane, and Frank Norris put him in the forefront of literary critics c. 1900-1910 Music critic   In the 1880s, Huneker served the music editor of the Musical Courier followed by stints with the New York Sun , the New York World , the New York Times , and the Philadelphia Press . In his columns, he proselytized for Richard Wagner, Claude Debussy, Richard Strauss and Arnold Schoenberg   Art critic Though his love of Renaissance art, especially ...