Skip to main content

IM Italian Magazine Subscriptions

A New Breed of Vampire



For Their Sins isn’t your typical vampire novel. Alexandria Diego isn’t your typical heroine either. When re-envisioning vampire lore I needed something that was never seen before. For inspiration, I turned to the Bible. Genesis speaks of Nephilim or angel, human hybrids. Its not a new concept but it’s never been applied to vampires. In For Their Sins, God saw the strength of crossing humans with angels and used it to His advantage. God created the Venandi to hunt down the worst sinners.

My vampires are God’s servants, but they aren’t pious or righteous. Many of them can walk in the sun although there’s no sparkles or pyrotechnics needed. There isn’t a “vegetarian” among them either. A vampire is a hunter. They can’t deny their nature.

Watch the book trailer below for a peek into Alexandria’s world.


For Their Sins is currently available for sale on Amazon and other Book Sellers




     For Their Sins


     Published: October 8,2018
     Review Rating 4.5 Stars
     Author: Rebecca Tran
    Cover Design: Fabrizio Catalfamo


   Buy Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will music interfere or help with writing?

      Image Source: Becca Clark Will music interfere or help writing? I used to believe that music would interfere with writing. However, I  later discovered that it actually boosted my creativity. I then began experimenting listening to different genres. To my surprise, any song with no singing in the background helped increase my imagination. I started listening to ambient and movie soundtracks (love, action, drama etc.).  I am now unable to write my stories without listening to some type of music.   One of the benefits of listening to a song while writing is that it can play the role of a writing prompt. When I listen to a soundtrack, the next time that I start playing it, it takes me back to my writing without any effort. If I am  writing a scene that I need to revisit, the same soundtrack will help bring my memory back.  Music can also trigger different emotions within the writer. I find that when  I am working on a tr...

Creating Heroines

Heroines are always a complicated subject to tackle. They are similar to villains in that you have to know their back story before you begin. The advantage with most heroines though, is that the whole book is about them. The reader will learn the back story as the book moves along. The same tips and tricks for villains can be used for heroines and even heroes so be sure to read that post first. I think most writers have trouble writing heroines. The tendency is to make them hard and unforgiving. They are written like a man with a few female traits thrown in to remind the reader they are female. A lot of writers forget that they are women first. The heroine may have been raised under the harshest of conditions, but they are still women. They think differently than men. They may be able to shut off emotions, but they are still present and can still cause problems. A good heroine is a woman first and a hero second. It sounds odd I know, because you never think of Wonder Woman cryin...

Egoists

Picture By Napoleon Sarony  By F. Guzzardi James Gibbons Huneker (January 31, 1857 – February 9, 1921) was an American art, book, music, and theater critic. A colorful individual and an ambitious writer, he was "an American with a great mission," in the words of his friend, the critic Benjamin De Casseres, and that mission was to educate Americans about the best cultural achievements, native and European, of his time. Literary critic Huneker's support of the new realism of Theodore Dreiser, Stephen Crane, and Frank Norris put him in the forefront of literary critics c. 1900-1910 Music critic   In the 1880s, Huneker served the music editor of the Musical Courier followed by stints with the New York Sun , the New York World , the New York Times , and the Philadelphia Press . In his columns, he proselytized for Richard Wagner, Claude Debussy, Richard Strauss and Arnold Schoenberg   Art critic Though his love of Renaissance art, especially ...