Skip to main content

IM Italian Magazine Subscriptions

Book presentation at Steel Horses

September 8, 2018, save the date! Do not take other commitments on the agenda. There will be a presentation of Susanna Casubolo's book "Nel Vuoto" at Steel Horses with Cristiana Emanuela Herzog.
The Steel Horses cultural association aims to re-evaluate and spread the knowledge of the territory of the Roman coast to the south-east of the capital.
A way to discover from the social, economic and environmental side, an area only partially known by Roman citizens and tourists who crowd the coast during the summer season.
Culinary initiatives, 0 km organic food, locally sourced drinks, shows involving men and animals, exaltation of the natural resources of the area such as excursions along the edges of the Tiber, rather than trekking on horseback in the "Aldobrandini" land.

 


"When Antonio opens the door, he seems a little less 
suffering. Go direct into the kitchen and put the bags with the shopping.
- Painkillers are taking effect! - He looks at him
sit on the sofa. The cuts on the face are
a bit 'less swollen, his face seems more relaxed.
- I would say yes.
- I went to the convenience store and there is no sign of Angela.
He sees him lower his shoulders as if he had accused the blow.
- Yesterday I risked being the target of a racing car.
- What? - His reaction is much more intense than the previous one,
he looks at her with apprehension.
- I was going through and I saw, at the last moment, a
car that was pointing at me I do not know whether deliberately or
not ...
- But did you recognize the car? Who was inside? - The
storm of questions.
- The headlights were too high and they blinded me, I do not know
 not even what color the car was."

 Susanna's book is written in Italian, however, is being translated for the English-speaking markets. It is a light novel which lends itself to walks in the splendid scenery of a Rome imbued with culture, of warm afternoons that stimulate us with intriguing investigations and hearty anecdotes, the sweetness of the dog "Scheggia" that lends its name to a campaign of solidarity for the abused animals, and love, difficult to choice... Martina (the story's protagonist) will be able to solve the intrigue that hides behind the suicide of a respectable gentleman?
 
Appointment in the splendid scenery of ancient Rome, the
oasis in the city, September 18 at  Steel Horses.



Steel Horses
Associazione culturale

via Gherardo. 30
00119 - Ostia Antica (RM)
C.F. 976122605

tel. 00392-3909632

steelhorses@steelhorses.it
www.steelhorses.it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will music interfere or help with writing?

      Image Source: Becca Clark Will music interfere or help writing? I used to believe that music would interfere with writing. However, I  later discovered that it actually boosted my creativity. I then began experimenting listening to different genres. To my surprise, any song with no singing in the background helped increase my imagination. I started listening to ambient and movie soundtracks (love, action, drama etc.).  I am now unable to write my stories without listening to some type of music.   One of the benefits of listening to a song while writing is that it can play the role of a writing prompt. When I listen to a soundtrack, the next time that I start playing it, it takes me back to my writing without any effort. If I am  writing a scene that I need to revisit, the same soundtrack will help bring my memory back.  Music can also trigger different emotions within the writer. I find that when  I am working on a tr...

Creating Heroines

Heroines are always a complicated subject to tackle. They are similar to villains in that you have to know their back story before you begin. The advantage with most heroines though, is that the whole book is about them. The reader will learn the back story as the book moves along. The same tips and tricks for villains can be used for heroines and even heroes so be sure to read that post first. I think most writers have trouble writing heroines. The tendency is to make them hard and unforgiving. They are written like a man with a few female traits thrown in to remind the reader they are female. A lot of writers forget that they are women first. The heroine may have been raised under the harshest of conditions, but they are still women. They think differently than men. They may be able to shut off emotions, but they are still present and can still cause problems. A good heroine is a woman first and a hero second. It sounds odd I know, because you never think of Wonder Woman cryin...

Egoists

Picture By Napoleon Sarony  By F. Guzzardi James Gibbons Huneker (January 31, 1857 – February 9, 1921) was an American art, book, music, and theater critic. A colorful individual and an ambitious writer, he was "an American with a great mission," in the words of his friend, the critic Benjamin De Casseres, and that mission was to educate Americans about the best cultural achievements, native and European, of his time. Literary critic Huneker's support of the new realism of Theodore Dreiser, Stephen Crane, and Frank Norris put him in the forefront of literary critics c. 1900-1910 Music critic   In the 1880s, Huneker served the music editor of the Musical Courier followed by stints with the New York Sun , the New York World , the New York Times , and the Philadelphia Press . In his columns, he proselytized for Richard Wagner, Claude Debussy, Richard Strauss and Arnold Schoenberg   Art critic Though his love of Renaissance art, especially ...